What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kirby's Duo

ort9mp.jpg

Lol shipping is cruel

I hope to hybridize these two plants if they survive winter.

This is a kinda old picture.

Purpurea to the left and Okefenokee on the right.

Last edited:
They finally got out of dormancy almost after dying!

Last edited:
Sprung has springed!

congrats! @Nan yup! everything is coming up, I currently have 8 sarr flowers.

UPDATE

Cold weather has been hinder some growth, but they seem okay.
6srgy8.jpg

Sar showing slightly recovered bite damage.
1zfhse8.jpg

Spiderwebs as annoying as ever.
b7nsef.jpg

Fungus is really starting to get to these plants.

Probably soon to be dead :(

Oh yikes! Do you have any physan 20? I find that that will wipe out fungus safely on CP's. If you don't you can always use 50/50 water alcohol to spray on the infected parts... if its fungi in the roots then you can wash the roots with it but don forget to rinse the media about 10 minutes after.

Nice they look great!! If they don't flower this year that is pretty common with shipping them while dormant. Don't worry, they should flower next year.

2dmfi3l.png

Been awhile since a good update. I haven't checked the root space for roughly half a year, but I definitely know I won't be growing these plants together next year :(

2q0jdqt.jpg

So its time to decide their fate. It looks like they come out of dormancy... Do I perform a possible division now, or is it too late?

EDIT: I take what I said back. I have been proven wrong, my apologies... :blush:

Last edited:
Wait, just to clarify, do you mean divide as in cut up the rhizomes or divide as in move the sarrs into separate pots?

The best time for divising sarracenia is not in spring? When the plant came out of dormancy ?

The best time to do rhizome divisions is late autumn/ winter/ early spring. While it's in dormancy or just coming out/going into dormancy. So yeah, early spring is good. :) So long as its not in late spring, summer or early autumn, as that could stunt its growth. My previous post was incorrect, my apologies.

Back