What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus from my trip

Does anyone else see the *slight* correlation between the color of the surrounding earth/vegetation and the color of the pitchers? (The more green ones are surrounded by greener foliage, the purple ones surrounded by more dirt/dark moss) Perhaps just a coincidence.

Wonderful pictures, you're very lucky to see them in the wild!

-CJ

They look incredible! I love the 5th pic, so many of them!

so what are they growing in
they grow in a peaty root ladened soil, mix , its qute interesting to see hard to explain as its all AU native grass, reeds and tree matter in it too
J

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Have you been to mount trusmadi? I would love to see some macro, villosa, and eddie pics! :D
got villosa shots , just planing a trip to there in 2 years time not next Nov the one after , just getting the arrangements started now
J

Does anyone else see the *slight* correlation between the color of the surrounding earth/vegetation and the color of the pitchers? (The more green ones are surrounded by greener foliage, the purple ones surrounded by more dirt/dark moss) Perhaps just a coincidence.

Wonderful pictures, you're very lucky to see them in the wild!

-CJ

Interesting you should notice that , most people would think that a ceph is a ceph , right !! , from the many sites I went to there are many distinct size , colour and habit that the ceph grow in and adapt to , giving them all green , and variation in colour up to Eden black coloration status , it seems to be where there are growing , light and soil and surrounding cover that influences they growth and coloration , one in full sun is still greenish and very large , in one site and another in partial shade is deep purple in another site !! its very interesting, and worth a second and third look on my behalf i think some time down the track !!
J

Can you make a thread of your trusmadi visit?

Back