What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ceph from seed

• Thread starter Rball
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ceph

Rball

INFECTED
Wanted to post that i have succesfuly started ceph from seed. i had received 2 dif. seed batches and ended up with at least 5 plants so far. Once they get a bit bigger ill get some photos.

Anyone else wish to share their growing success with ceph from seed, pics would be much appreciated.

Congratulations! I've never had any cephs germinate but I recently had a few heliamphora seeds germinate.

very nice what species? any pics?

H nutans giant and H minor x heterodoxa. Sure, I have pics. Let me get them uploaded:).

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

H minor x heterodoxa on LFS

dscf4100d.jpg

H nutans giant germinating aseptically

dscf4101z.jpg

dscf4102t.jpg

Anyone else wish to share their growing success with ceph from seed, pics would be much appreciated.
Sure. As of yesterday, 19 seeds have germinated. I've posted a few prior updates in this thread. Seeds were planted on Sept 27 and the first sprout was noticed on Nov 19. Here's a pic when there were 14:
Cephalotusgerminations120911circ.jpg

As I mentioned in the other thread, I planted these just to test viability but I've already raised several selfed HG's from seed. I'll probably place the pot in the Nasc Auction once spring rolls around.

Congratulations Ron! I have a few S minors germinating that you sent me:).

Looking good gentlemen! :bigthumpup:

very nice mine i was suprised off all i planted......half in tank under lights and the other half in a plant window with a 4 foot t8 above for dark days. I guess the ones i had like colder temps as the window is cold almost too cold for some of my nepenthes and the window ones were the only ones to sprout.....yet.....

I guess the ones i had like colder temps as the window is cold almost too cold for some of my nepenthes and the window ones were the only ones to sprout.....yet.....

Looks like I'm moving mine to the windowsill. :rookwoot:
Hummer seeds are being very picky for me.

Just posted this pic over in Rob's thread to show what a day 1 Ceph seedling looks like. In addition to the penny, there is an older seedling at ~4 o'clock.
Cephseedlingday1122211RS.jpg

Here's another from today showing 10 seedlings in various stages of development - from a few days old to those showing their first true leaf & pitcher.
Cephseedlingdevelopment122211RS.jpg

I tip my metaphorical hat to you folks! I'd be happy if I could simply manage not to kill a ceph off. :rolleyes:

balls-icon.png

Back