What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus follicularis emu point giant

I am really looking for my first cephalotus and have found several for sale around the net. I found this one on a site and was wondering if anyone has any experence with this clone. The site says that it is an unregistered clone with pitcher size up to 3 inches. Anyone else have this clone?

James
I'd be very interested to know who is talking about this clone.
Paladin69

I don't think it's a registered cultivar nor am I sure of it's "Giant" status. I think it's just a Cephalotus with locale data. It's a fairly common form. Maybe someone here with an adult specimen can chime in with a pic.

It's actually just a Hummer's Giant with location data (Emu Point, Albany, Western Australia).
This kid usually has them in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a plant grown from seed by bigbella on the forums here if memory serves me right... might wanna PM him. It's just a bigish plant with location data. It has nothing to do with 'Hummer's Giant' though.

My memory is a little choppy. Must be thinking of what I read about Czech Giant being a Hummer's from the Czech republic.
But as it pertains to Emu Point,
"This plant was seed grown from a mother plant originating in the Emu point region of southern Australia. It has been said the parent plant produced pitchers as large as three inches. Since this has been seed grown, there in no way to emphatically state this plant will grow up to be a giant also."
Still searching for the Emu Pt. thread..

It's actually just a Hummer's Giant with location data (Emu Point, Albany, Western Australia).
This kid usually has them in stock.

"Hummer's Giant" is a cultivar developed in the 80's by John Hummer. They also get slightly larger than the Emu Point Cephs.

uh huh.. in my defense it was 9:30 in the morning. Refer to my 11:20am post above yours Guy. ;)

Haha, my bad. I didn't realize being wrong had time restrictions. I'll try and watch it in the future...

Haha, my bad. I didn't realize being wrong had time restrictions. I'll try and watch it in the future...

duh dude.. duh.
page 138 of Mass's Rules and Regulations:
"One is allowed to be wrong without persecution and/or embarrassment as long as said person has only been awake for 30min. or less. However, the person in question MUST be heading back to bed within 30min. or less from the time of said comment."

Right there in black and white dude. Now back to the subject at hand.. Emu Point info thread search.

My memory is a little choppy. Must be thinking of what I read about Czech Giant being a Hummer's from the Czech republic.
If you find this passage again, please post the source. I've been growing both plants side-by-side for some time & the Czech Giant is very different from the HG (CG has smaller pitchers, no wide midrib & gets much darker than HG).
page 138 of Mass's Rules and Regulations:
"One is allowed to be wrong without persecution and/or embarrassment as long as said person has only been awake for 30min. or less. However, the person in question MUST be heading back to bed within 30min. or less from the time of said comment."
I use the 1st part of these rules without any qualifications - pretty much on a permanent basis ... :-O

I still haven't found the info I'm thinking of. Perhaps I imagined the whole thing. Wouldn't surprise me.. I get dreams and reality confused quite a bit these days.

Back