What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eden Black xSelf germination!!

Brie

Sarracenia freak
OMFG THIS JUST MADE MY DAY! Moved them from my grow shelves to the window sill where it was much colder, what seems like ages ago.. Decided to check on them, see if anything was alive.. Lo and Behold! One lives! So um.. any tips on what I should do next? Leave it where it is, or move it to a terrarium with my other ceph, under lights?

6974413437_8d55a0856a_b.jpg

CONGRATS! :banana2:

I say leave it where it is..if it germinated there, it most likely is happy there, it shouldn't be exposed to any rapid changes at that size anyway.

Nice. Yeah, I'd say just leave it alone for the time being.

Heck yes! 'grats! It's about time, lol.

Glad the seeds I gave you germinated!

Glad the seeds I gave you germinated!

Thanks!! So far its only 1.. hopefully the others do too.. How are yours doing?

Congratulations, Brie! Keep them in those same conditions and you'll likely see sprouts for several months to come. Some of mine were even after 180 days . . .

Congratulations, Brie! Keep them in those same conditions and you'll likely see sprouts for several months to come. Some of mine were even after 180 days . . .

Thanks! I'm mainly worried about them getting too hot in the months to come.. the window they're in gets direct sun most of the day so once our PNW sun decided to show its face, they'll have to move..

Considering that you're using long-fiber sphagnum, just keeping it sufficiently moist should be enough. I wouldn't worry too much about higher temperatures. You'd be surprised how tolerant they can be . . .

Nice Brie! Glad the seeds I gave you finally germinated.

Nice Brie! Glad the seeds I gave you finally germinated.

Thats so weird.. Coulda sworn i'd posted a reply to ya already. Oh well. lol. Thanks! How are yours doing??

Edit: oh haha, its because I did reply already on page 1.. doy..

a couple of mine germinated. They are soo cute!

I sent mine to the CP TC guru for his special touch :)

Back