What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thagirion

Budgies are best
This will be my thread for the progress of my Sarracenias and such. Some of you might remember I posted this pic asking for help if I should repot the S. rubra gulfensis in the back left. I gave it a "hair cut" instead per everyone's recomendations.

Spring cleaning time for little bog by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Sarracenia purpurea by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I got this purpurea from a Lowe's cube. They're doing much better now.

Sarracenia Lucophylla titan new leaf by Thagirion3, on Flickr

My titan putting out its first pitcher.

Sarracenia flava copper top new leaf by Thagirion3, on Flickr

But this was the first pitcher of the year. I love all flavas. They are my faves.

Spider robs small Sarracenia by Thagirion3, on Flickr

The little pitcher has a naughty spider in it that steals the bugs from the pitcher. He waits for bugs to come by then catches them.

Christmasy Sarracenia by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Flava opened against a pretty pointsettia. In March btw.

Second Bog Garden by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Took the rest of these today. The back right is my titan. It's not even open yet and already it's taller than my flava. And the rubra gulfensis in the front left is putting out four flower buds. This is my second bog tray btw. I ran out of room because I got three new pots of flytraps. But now both trays have lots of room and the black one will be for small pots.

First Dana's delight pitcher of 2012 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This Dana's Delight is my first Sarracenia. I don't get into too many hybrids but I can't pass up seeing CP's locally in stores. There's just something magical about it and so nice from boring ordinary plants. No shipping no waiting just grabbed it from a local pond store. Was in the marginal plants section.

Sarracenia flava copper top? by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This plant was sold to me as a flava copper top. But it doesn't have copper tops. Can anyone ID for me? I'm disapointed if I was lied to, but it's my first flava so I still love it. Did I mention Flavas are my favorites?

Sarracenia rubra gulfensis by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Lastly, my rubra gulfensis green. Perhaps I should have repoted and divided. Too late now. Four flowers coming up. So pretty. I can't wait. I've never had a flower before. And it looks like possibly there are now four plants in here. I hate all the grass that moved in. You can't yank it out either. It's in good. So that's it for now. Stuff's growing really fast out there. I love it.

looking good, almost time for another tray

Thanks. This is my new tray and putting the bigger pots here opened up lots of room in the old one.

I think your spider needs a swift kick in the thorax!

Yeah I couldn't believe the nerve. Well perhaps one day he'll lose his footing hehe.

awesome pics! your plants seem to be ahead of mine in growth. They are just now putting up flower stalks.

Hi Thagirion

Nice pics BTW. dont give up on your copper top, you may well have been sold teh right plant, they do take a fair bit of sun to colour up so may well do so a bit later in the year.

Cheers
Steve

Heli, thanks. Yeah little flowers started coming out of the ground a few weeks ago. I think that's the only flowering sized plant I have.

Steve, thanks. Oh, I'm not giving up on it. It's a flava and the only one I have so far. I love flavas so it's a keeper. But hopefully it will develope its color later like you said.

I don't know. Perhaps it's not rubra gulfensis. So far everything I've bought from this sell has not been what it was labled. This is the same person that sold me a N. "ventrata" that turned out to be a probable vent x spath, and the S. flava copper top that isn't copper, and the N. burbidgeae that's really a burb x ed. :headwall:

Here's what the plant looked like last year. I know the pitchers are dying back but can you ID. It is all green.

Sarracenia rubra spp. gulfensis by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I'll take a more updated pic soon.

Great ptichers thag. Luck you live in florida my sarrs are just starting to put out new pitchers. Walked down to the local bog 2day and they haven't even started yet so I guess mine have a little jump start

Nice plants!

Thanks you two. This is from last year. This plant is currently flowering, but my others all have pitchers since they are younger plants.

A few pics to update my thread.

In the bog by Thagirion3, on Flickr

S. oreophyllas I got from TheFury

S. leucophylla titan side by Thagirion3, on Flickr

S. leucophylla Titan

S. leucophylla titan with fly by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I love how this one turned out. Don't know if he got that fly because it was too cold for me to say out there. But I love the bright sky and the two blurred pitchers in the background.

Bog Progress by Thagirion3, on Flickr

My little bog area is growing. I bought another tray already. A white one this time. Yep and my pointsettias are still there.

I got a pink pool.

Pink Sarracenia Pool by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Covered Pink Sarracenia Pool by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Unfortunately I had to cover it up or the sun would destroy it.

Sarracenia Pool filled by Thagirion3, on Flickr

My plants in the pool. I need more Sarracenias to fill this up. The Cheeper my red hen looks on at the new addition.

Sarracenia pool chicken inspection The Cheeper by Thagirion3, on Flickr

She inspects it but doesn't find it too interesting and moves on.

Sarracenia pool chicken inspection Mocha by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Then Mocha checks it out. She was more curious but eventually got bored and left too. Well I like this. I think it looks very nice.

Thanks for the ID. I don't know who he is, but thanks. I hope to get another pool once I fill this one up.

I see you have some hot chicks! Haha!

Hehe yeah, 8 of them. They are sweeties.

Back