What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. parva x sarracenioides

Looks like we have pollination of a new hybrid:

Allow me to introduce the earliest signs of H. parva x sarracenioides
IMG_3100.JPG

Swollen ovary of H. parva

:)

an exceptionally abundant flowering season
IMG_3101.JPG

:hail:

oh my god wow thats incredible!

You truly are a heliamphora rock star. Congrats on your pollination success! By the looks of your heli chamber..many more crosses may be in store! :hail:

Thank you Luca, Smitty

I hope to one day end up with a deep burgandy parva and hirsute sarracenioides hybrids.... probably going to take a couple steps though

These should be some very special seed :)

Amazing.. Your heliamphora always make me want to re-vamp my set-up. I only have one heli that is happy atm. :p

Can't wait to see what the hybrid looks like!

OMG! Your helis are amazing!

Butch, it almost looks like you know what you're doin' . . .

Here's to contorted, fuzzy progeny...

awww david, I dunno....even a blind squirrel can occasionally find his ummmmm "acorns" :p

Butch, you really are the bringer of Heliamphora light.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZ42IMu7HIQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZ42IMu7HIQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Congrats! Can't wait to see the sprouts!

Update:
10 of the original 11 seeds survive and are thriving. They seem to be a robust hybrid and color well under moderate lighting.
IMG_0054.jpg

Image taken today

Thanks for looking,
Av

lookin good! :) are you ferting them at all?

wow! looks like they're coloring up very well!

Wow! Great job Butch. Do the flowers have a scent?

lookin good! :) are you ferting them at all?

No, not yet.... their growth rate is acceptable at the moment, so haven't felt the need yet.

wow! looks like they're coloring up very well!

Considering they are under 2 yr old T8's with poor reflectors, they have very nice color IMHO :)
It is specific to these seedlings in particular. Other new hybrids being grown right next to these are much less colorful.
I assume it is the H. sarracenioides influence.

Wow! Great job Butch. Do the flowers have a scent?

I was a smoker for many years so Im not the best to ask about scents, but not that I have noticed.
The only heli scent that I am familiar with are the pitchers of H. nutans x glabra (nutans giant)
I don't know what the trigger is, but from time to time they give off a wonderful floral scent.

I have heard of others making the same observation

WOW nice !!! Great colors

Thank you Maiden,

I'm hoping for truly special cultivar out of the bunch :)

The seedlings look terrific, and the combination certainly has potential. Well done!

(BTW, N. parva from the NASC auction has adapted well and is showing new pitchers...couldn't be happier.)
KPG

KPG,

Thanks and nice to hear, Im glad the parva is recovering nicely for you.... I knew you would do well with it :)
Post some pics when those new pitchers open up, and do keep me posted.

Butch

Back