What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. parva x sarracenioides

Very exciting Butch, congratulations! What is the typical daytime temperature in your growing area?

Thanks Mike,

My setup rarely if ever gets over 78f.... if we have an extended period of 100+ high temps (very rare, but not as rare as it use to be) its peaks about 80-82f
On those rare occasions, I will manually mist during peak temps.

What is your watering cycle/method ? Do you keep the soil water logued, very moist or just a little moist?

maiden,

I flood and drain every two days :)

Nice! Can i ask you what is your relative humidity?

For myself, with a RH of 85% all the time, i water my heli once or twice a week.

Maiden,

I use cross ventilation so my RH% varies somewhat, but 75% RH is probably as low as it normally gets.

first mature pitchers....
2 seedlings are producing their first mature pitchers.... still small and not opened yet, but here are pics
IMG_0004_hf.jpg

IMG_0005_hf.jpg

It's early to tell much but they sort of look like parva with sarracenioides-ish hoods
Definitely fuzzy :)

Thanks for looking,
Av

yep yep, less than 18m from germination to first mature pitcher

;-)

who said it took years for heliamphora, meh....

What hirsute children you have. You are going to have to teach them to how to shave soon....

hope it rubs off on my pilosa, so far its fairly glabrous

Seedling #1 has been a strong performer throughout the process...
It has been the most colorful, the most robust grower, and now the first to mature... it also seems to be fuzzier than seedling #2

I think I have the makings of a truly special cultivar... I hope the final product is as impressive :)

Fantastic -- and that was fast. I have plenty of older seedlings who have remained juvenile delinquents . . .

I have to congratulate you on this one. So here it is.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

There, I said it. :p

Really, it looks like you did a great job. I'm sure the final product will be impressive anyways, since it's a Heliamphora. I have yet to see a Heliamphora that is displeasing to my eye.

Back