What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia from Seed!!

They look great Heather!

Thanks!!

Lookin good Heather...keep it up!

L57MK x Adrian Slack
DSCN8264_zps847efb64.jpg

DSCN8285_zpsfc88138e.jpg

DSCN8283_zpscc173caa.jpg

pink leuco
DSCN8278_zps9b002eaf.jpg

General view
DSCN8273_zpsba6a068c.jpg

Nice crop you have going there Yuri!

Beautiful seedlings Yuri and I love the last pic in your friends album. Thats a lot of seedlings.

Beautiful seedlings Yuri and I love the last pic in your friends album. Thats a lot of seedlings.

I spent about 4 hours to look at them all carefully!! I even found 8 S. flava var. rubricorpora lidless, they were very small, but definitely lidless :)
The best one (imho) is the dark one....you cannot see it very well in the photo, but I can tell you that it was very dark...nearly black!!

Woohoo!!! My seeds for this season have started sprouting!

This picture is of open pollinated seeds that came from Brooks Gracia. They were the ones that did not get a pot of their own and were dumped in a large planter with what I was told is a "Possible Tarnok" which turned out not being a Tarnok so now I call it "Not A Tarnok."
RSCN6651_zps7bfa1216.jpg

Congrats!

Well not my own production but my lone seedling!

S. 'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Adrian Slack'
DSC_7098_zpsdaf68d8f.jpg

And another shot, having some fun under teh spray bottle :D
DSC_7109_zpse1c1a213.jpg

Missed out this growing season but hope to make my own hybrids next season!

Awesome shots! I love the second pic with all the water droplets. Oh also great plant! :lol:

this year is the first time I have EVER grown sarracenia from seed. it is really fun! they are unknown hybrids from C.C.

the sundew is for the fungus gnats

thanks!
-David

2012 seedlings are all repotted, hoping to see some good growth now with an uninterrupted growing season.

2013 seedlings

Nice seedlings everyone. Heres a few of my 2 yr old seedlings.

S. flava var. flava(tall)x'Evendine'

'Evendine'xflava var. flava(tall)(plant from my avi)

seed grown S. flava var. rubricorpora

S.xMoorei(greentube, red lid)xflava var. atropurpurea

S. leucophylla purple and white giant form x flava var. rubricorpora

Oh! That S.xMoorei(greentube, red lid)xflava var. atropurpurea is coloring up very nicely!!

Thanks. I really like it. Should be a nice looking plant a lil later in the season.

Dang son! That "S. leucophylla purple and white giant form x flava var. rubricorpora" is epic. I love the sharp contrast of colors.

Thanks Mikey!

If that's leuco x rubri is a sibling to my seedling, then I can't wait to see what mine will look like!

Back