What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another H. neblinae RIP :(

Another form of H. neblinae I grew has followed the earlier one by going the same way. :( Older pitchers suddenly curling and going soft. Followed in due course by any new or emerging pitchers going limp.

The usual explaination for this "Sudden Death" in Heli is high tempertures but this is certainly not the cause in my cases. Nor over watering either. Both plants were mature and flowering and had been in the collection 8 to 10 years. And a few other Heli don't look too hot either. Might be time to give Heli growing a rest...

bill

I am terribly sorry to hear about the loss. Trichoderma use has proved to be a boon to growers in the US, as a preventative of the so-called "sudden death," which I have been told can also occur at lower temperatures . . .

I have used Trichoderma on my plants for a while now, particulary since losing some of my cephs in 2008. How often are plants given a dose as perhaps I am not giving enough?

I have used Trichoderma on my plants for a while now, particulary since losing some of my cephs in 2008. How often are plants given a dose as perhaps I am not giving enough?

I treat my plants twice a month, especially during warmer months . . .

Bill,

FWIW... On this side of the pond, I've had much better results with T. atroviride compared to the more common T haziranum T22 strain

I hope you stop the problem soon.... you have some very special helis mate.

and I treat mine monthly

Butch

Back