What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misc recent heli pics

All taken in the last couple days and can be found in some of the pic of the "x" threads....

Heliamphora parva:
parva.jpg

Heliamphora ionasii:
IMG_3204.JPG

Heliamphora sarracenioides:
IMG_3207.JPG

Thanks for looking,
Av

Very nice. I didn't know H. parva was so fuzzy. The amount of nectar on those sarracenioides is amazing.

I'm loving that parva!

Thanks Ct, monkey :)

parva is veryyyyyyyyyyy fuzzy, at least this clone is....

and sarracenioides is the most abundant nectar producer of any species Ive grown or seen.

All three of these are some of my favs, the ionasii has some of the most graceful flowers and a pubescent flower stalk that is reminiscent of pulchella.

I just noticed that the 2nd one is ionasii. What clone is that ? It's odd looking.

an old wistuba clone, not sure if it's his current ionasii clone or not....

That first one's got a toupee on :0o:

Oh my! Just beautiful Av!

now zu, you arent suppose to notice.... not only is my heli a member of the heli hair club for men, its the president :p

Crissy..... thank you :hug:

You are the reason I added Helis to my collection...pitcheres like this...just stunning and inspiring. :clap:

Quite possibly three of the only Heliamphora I really care about. And gorgeous!!

About friggen time! And beautiful shots butch! Thanks for giving me my heliamphora fix.

Wow!

Thank you all for such kind words....

growing conditions:

Substrate 1:1:1 LFS/Perlite/APS in 6"x6"x6" pots
Humidity 60-90%
Temps 50-75F (seasonal variance)
Constant daytime airflow
Lighting 4 54w T5
Monthly Trichoderma atroviride applications
Monthy pitcher feedings w/ fish pellets

tripodkit.jpg

Butch

So many helis! :laaa: I love your setup and that parva is amazing!

Wonderful pics & plants oh-Heli-god. :hail: The sarracenioides is especially striking - inky blackness with bright colors and added benefit of slime --- ummmmh good. :boogie:
Two questions:
- on the ionasii - is there a bit of unusual positioning to make the nectar spoon look like a folliculata?
- with your new watering method comes a new method of fertilization also?

Wonderful pics & plants oh-Heli-god. :hail: The sarracenioides is especially striking - inky blackness with bright colors and added benefit of slime --- ummmmh good. :boogie:
Two questions:
- on the ionasii - is there a bit of unusual positioning to make the nectar spoon look like a folliculata?
Ummmm, it must be... .since I know what it looks like IRL, it doesnt seem folliculata-ish to me.... however, I do suspect it to be a hybrid though

- with your new watering method comes a new method of fertilization also?

actually, no.... and yes i guess, the ppm stays about 25ppm as opposed to my old daily waterings with 0ppm, ive only been pitcher feeding since the move

Now the trich might be subject to more dispersal from the recirculation of water

dunno..... but everone seems happy as can be :)

:)

Whoah! Ready for filming Heliamphora: The Motion Picture. :)

What a great setup you got there, Butch. :)

Them otherwise bueatiful plants need some depilatory . . .

Back