What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it ok to keep my younger, smaller S.purpurea outside now?

I'm in MI, and our temps have been getting down to the 40s, 30s, and 20s lately.
I know S.purpurea purpurea is an MI native, so obviously the temps aren't that big of a deal for a mature plant--I'm just wondering since mine is immature.

Same goes for my D.rotiundiflora.

I'm assuming they're fine,but I figured I'd ask.
I was leaving them out, but lately I've been bringing them in and keeping them on my sill just to be safe.

They appear healthy so far--nice and green, no wilting or evidence of damage.

Also, I have a VFT which I got several months ago, and which is more established, but probably less than a year old. I'm keeping that inside for now...

I think they'll be fine... it is warming up anyways.

Are they dormant? I personally have been bringing my plants inside at night when temps go below 35 (daytime temps of 50-60) so they don't go dormant again. If your high is around 30-40 I would leave them inside.

Yeah, my wife already brought them in so I'll just leave them in until we get more consistent weather...

Thanks!

I wanted to share I saw some new growth on my new plantS! :D

(But I figured it'd be better not to start a new topic).

Back