What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slow growing leucophylla

So here is what is going on, i bought three rhizomes this winter one leuco, one alata, and one flava. the flava has several nice pitchers going and more on the way, the alata is currently in flower and has some pitchers started but the leuco has not done anything yet. It looks the same as when it came in. Should I be worried that it is not going to make it or just have some more patients and wait for it to catch up?

Each species have their own timings when they wake up and go dormant. For me S. flava, S. oreophila and several hybrids are the first to get going. S. minor, S. purpurea, S. rubra and S. psittacina are usually among the last to wake up. S. leucophylla for me tends to be more towards the middle of the road risers.

Much of it depends on your climate and latitude.

Patience is essential in growing plants.

There has been threads before on the timings of the various species.

Thanks alot, i will sit back and wait for it to start growing. That plant is the one that i am the most interested in seeing grow some nice pitchers this summer.

Mine also are slow to get going and don't send up their nicest pitchers until mid to late season, then a spectacular show.

Some leucophyllas take a little longer to wake up. If it's just been divided, it might just be laying down some more roots at the moment.

Back