What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia pests

I have a big Sarracenia 'judith hindle' and squirls have been bitting and chewing some of the pitchers and my flowers which are not there anymore. :( they have also up rooted some of my other Sarracenia i have. Anyway i can keep them ir any other small/ large animal from bothering them? Thanks.

Hang the pots from somewhere and oil the rope :) and enjoy

I once used a chicken wire cage long ago. Now that I grow on tables, there's no need.

I once used a chicken wire cage long ago. Now that I grow on tables, there's no need.

Thanks, and by the way the way the Sarracenia you gave me a while back are doing absolutely great and growing very large pitchers.

Thanks, and by the way the way the Sarracenia you gave me a while back are doing absolutely great and growing very large pitchers.

I'm very happy to hear! Post some pictures if you can. I'd love to see them as I am sure others would!

I've always wanted to try running a metal wire around the pot and put an electric charge through it.

Back