What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Heaven. Photos from Jerry Addington's nursery...

Amazing, I wish I knew the secret handshake to get in.

Thank you for the pics Brie! Best thing i've seen all week...great thread!

so thats what brie's house will look like when she move to a house

simply......breathtaking!

Ummm...I'll take one of everything please!

Such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

So many....... They all look amazing!

Wow! Thanks for the pics Brie. He does have some beautiful hybrids doesn't he!!

The total Sarracenia wonderland. Not only are they very nice photos but you got them uploaded so quickly! 'Would've taken me a month!

I gotta catch em all!!

Coincidentally, I browsed your Flickr album about an hour ago, marveling at all of Jerry's great hybrids. I wish I could have attended. Thanks for giving us the chance to visit his place through your lens!

No problem! There may be a next time.. Never know.. Bug Scotty, im sure Jerry would love to meet another Sarr mastah. ;)

Thank you so much for the pics Brie. Mr. Addington is a very nice guy and makes some of the prettiest hybrids. I'd love to be able to visit him one day.

Very welcome! He is for sure a super nice guy, and super gifted with sarr wizardry.

Very nice photo's Brie! Was glad to of meet you and kris in person there.

Likewise! Albeit it briefly. Im sure we'll run into eachother again.. I try to attend most CP related events in the PNW.. There's another one next month down in your neck of the woods.

Okay, I-need-to-go-there! Looks like a 2-day event, lol. Wonderful pics.

Oh hell, I could spend days and days there!

Wow! Thanks for the pics Brie. He does have some beautiful hybrids doesn't he!!

Indeed! Some of them super complex.. I cant imagine the amount of time it takes.. Growing plants up, waiting for them to flower, crossing them with something else.. Growing THOSE up.. Ugh.

The total Sarracenia wonderland. Not only are they very nice photos but you got them uploaded so quickly! 'Would've taken me a month!

Seriously, Sarr-World... And yeah, only reason it didnt is I dedicated an entire day off to photo work LOL. It was a good 8 hour project. haha.

I gotta catch em all!!

I LOL'd at that. haha

WOW! I'd kill to work at that place! Do you know what they use to control mosquitoes in all that standing water?

Love the critter photos (and the plant pics aren't bad, either :) ).

Nerdy cultivation question: Did you happen to see how deep the water was in the Sarracenia trays? Either he's growing his plants in azalea pots or the trays are pretty deep.

I also grow my Sarracenia in pots in trays (although outside in the growing season and in a greenhouse for the winter), but I keep my water levels MUCH lower (less than a third of the pot depth). When I've had higher water levels, many of my plants have rotted.

Clearly he's doing something right, however :).

Back