What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia has moved from my least fav to my most fav cp.

reasons why:

1. low maintenance; water tray once a day; the end. -however I am in the process of doing a self contained bog container so I'm hoping this will lead to less watering.

2. can be grown outside; well where i live anyway.

3. looks cooler in person; pictures don't do these things justice at all

4. upteen million varieties

5. readily available; it seems these things are the targets of more giveaways than all other cp's combined

6. they are absolute hardy gluttons....one day for the heck of it I decided to spray some diluted 30-10-10 into all of one of their pitchers just to see what happens and a couple days later the thing exploded with growth. I'm talking a 6inch pitcher and a couple 3 inch pitchers overnight!! I would never dream of giving any of my other cp's that much fertilizer.

they still bore the poop oudda me :p

they still bore the poop oudda me :p

good point. they can share the top spot with the dionaea. they can be gluttons too......they say only feed a couple traps at a time. HA! I fed all 6 in mine one day and it went nuts too!

i loveeee feeding my VFTs :D haha

Back