What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora minor var. pilosa

Update:

The damaged pitchers have died.. down to the one that is immature in the pic but has since opened.
Took a peek at the roots yesterday, still have hope but its going to be a long recovery me thinks

Customs must of been a little rough on her....

Butch

90% sure I see a new pitcher starting to poke its head up out of the substrate....

doing the ancient tepuian pilosa happy dance of joy :D

Congrats! I can't wait to see how it looks in your conditions.

any updates on your little baby? :)

Woot! I knew you could keep it alive :)

anything new is great news on such a small plant :) glad to hear it

I have a new pitcher....
Small, but good enough under the circumstances :)

woohoo

Congratulations, Butch! My pilosa -- on the mend as well -- was also handled by the lowland gorillas of the USDA. I preferred the good old days when they simply flung their dung . . .

Look who is leaving ICU today :)
Got down to one immature pitcher and a single root before the slowwwww turn around (almost a year!) .

pilosa1.jpg

the cards and flowers were appreciated :)

:D i am so glad to hear and see it butch!!! victory, thy name is pilosa

She has definitely been a drama queen :p
I don't know how much easier it would have been had it arrived in better shape but sheesh she has been a problem child.....

ICU has been lower light, cooler temps, and higher airflow with near constant, but gentle fog.

Now time to catch up with everyone else :)

my minor "big orange" seems to fit into the drama queen category as well. came as two tiny tiny plantlets each with a solitary root. they have put out some tiny pitchers but haven't gotten any larger. the "burgundy black" plants are even showing them up :p

I don't have a burgundy black yet.... I have been offered a small division when the time comes, looking forward to that
Curious as to what your big orange turns out like :)

Hello guys

You inspire me, so i buyed a heli minor var pilosa and im waiting for the parcell right now :)

I hope the plant will be healthy!

Last week i received a minor burgundy black, with 10 juvenile pitchers and a big roots system.

Theses plants are so expensive... My girlfriend said im crazy!

Av: any update on your pilosa? Can i post my pictures here when the plant will be in my collection? I dont want to take over your thread !

Maiden,

So far if I feed it, it grows... Stop feeding, and it stops growing.... it seems very needy in that way.
I've been putting 1/4 strength ferts in the pitcher with some small fish pellets every now and again.

sure, jump on in.... the water is fine :)

oh and a member sent me a itty bitty, teeny weeny Burgundy Black for my Bday.... woot woot

Nice i will put my swimsuit :-D

Congrats for your burgundy-black!!

If your bb are the same size as mine, we can race until next summer :p

mine is a fraction of yours, it is tiny, but it is BB and it was truly a surprise.
I had no idea it was coming... sneaky lil cp'ers

;-P

Nice :)
Im pretty sure your experience and knowledges will bring you a bigger bb than mine next summer, even if your plant is tiny ! But i will try hard growing mine the faster i can lol.

For your pilosa, you feed your juvenile pitchers or you already have adult ones ?

I have adult ones, but I will feed juvenile with eye dropper

Sorry, didnt notice your reply. I will try with a eyedrop. I will mix DBW powder with water.

Back