What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got my first Leah Wilkerson woot!

This is a personal milestone for me. Can't wait to see it make a new pitcher n grow even larger :) sorry about the crappy focus.

102_0104.jpg

So jealous! Want to see pics of it next year.

it has a secondary crown on it......remind me in the spring and maybe I can hook you up. no promises tho bc the temptation to divide it and divide the divisions for a dedicated L/H bog is strong but most likely we can figure something out. :)

Bobby,
I would love one too, but I would advise growing this out for a few years at least, in order to see this plant in its most beautiful form.
People quickly divide their plants in order to share or to get more plants, and never get the opportunity to see their plants in the best.
Do yourself a favor, and grow this thing to its best & largest, before concerning yourself with dividing it.
It will reward you by showing you just why this is a desirable plant and worth growing.

Just my 2 cents.

it has a secondary crown on it......remind me in the spring and maybe I can hook you up. no promises tho bc the temptation to divide it and divide the divisions for a dedicated L/H bog is strong but most likely we can figure something out. :)

Thanx, but I think you should let that one grow at least a couple years before dividing it. Not good to divide it again right away. I am sure I will get one someday. :-D

Edit: Haha, I did not read GrowinOld's post first, but agree 100%. You grow that puppy out to its fullest potential so I can enjoy the pics.

will do.....actually it is a mixup.....I traded someone for a leuco in exchange for a couple anglica seedlings but the leuco almost exactly matches the description of a L/H that someone else is trading me for a couple small nepenthes. lol....dooh! Either way I will take the advice and put the correct photo up when it arrives :)

Leah Wilkersons are fantastic plants, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As far as sarrs go, it really doesn't get a whole lot better than LW!

Back