What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. minor "Burgundy Black" & H. minor var. pilosa

Great looking plants you got there.

I'll need to pick up the Burgundy Black this Spring. The bit of extra fuzz on the exterior of the pitchers has sealed the deal.

Updates:

H. minor "Burgundy-Black"

H. minor var. pilosa hasn't really done much...

H. ceracea

Love it!!
That burgundy black is by far my most wanted heli. I just can't get enough of the furriness and color. It's amazing..

Gaaah in my last AW order I was contemplating a Burgundy Black but was already over budget. Should have splurged even more and bought one! Nonetheless great collection :D I know what I'll be getting in my next order.

Lovely plants you have indeed! (Sound like Yoda I do.)

Quick question: Do you have any seeds from them? I've been looking for a while. Unfortunately I don't have much to trade.

Question for burgundy-black and pilosa owner: what is the max height of adult pitchers? Theses plants are taller than the original auyan minor?

My giant clone of minor. var. pilosa (Auyan) can grow 15-20cm tall, when fully adult! But there are also smaller ones from Auyan Tepui and Cerro la Luna. A giant "normal" minor clone from Auyan should also be in culture. My burgundy black is still small, but I guess it's not growing taller than a minor (+/- 10cm).

Ok thanks. Today i received my order, a h.hispida, a h.minor burgundy-black(!!!) And a dionaea 'pink venus'. After how many time you noticed a new emerging pitcher or any change?

I put the burgundy into 50% peat, 25% perlite et 25% orchids mix, in my highland terrarium.
After that i just take a chair, open a beer and look at my plant for 20minutes :-D

Holy cow those are beautiful

Nice!!! To be fair, I received mine from AW as a mature division with a few adult pitchers. It grew a bunch of juvi pitchers until it settled in and has started putting out new adult pitchers lately.

Ok ! But you did an outstanding job growing this beast like that! Adult pitchers or not hehe

For my plant, i think i will have to wait 2 or 3 years for an adult pitcher lol

Very nice! Thats a quick recovery! I wish my H.minor (var. minor) would have settled in that quick, its been a month anf still now new growth.

Thanks, yes, pretty fast, i think the plant love my highland setup :-D
Im waiting for a minor var pilosa right now, i hope it will grow fast like that!

For your var minor, what is the RH% and day/night temps ?

Last edited:
The humidity stays in the 60-70% range in the basement I gorw it in, though I have a clear plastic dish loosely over the pot so obviously higher than ambient. The temps during the day are in the low to mid 80's and I move it into a dorm fridge with temps in tge low 50's at night. The fridge is just for the heat of the summer though, when it cools down in the fall I shouldnt need it.

Ok! Its the first time a see someone who put their heli in fridg at night. Keep me posted about your results! Im very curious :) do you put a plastic bag around the plant in the fridg for a maximum RH%?

Back