What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this? Fungus or Mold?

lil hokie

heatherfeather knows the weather!
Hello!

I just got two new plants today and one came with this:

NewGuys075.jpg

It was only on this dead leaf and I looked through both plants and did not see anything else. So my question is what is it? And do I have to worry...

just my humble opinion,

but if its only on the dead leaf I wouldnt do a thing other than monitor the new plants for a while....

Here are two more pictures of it.

NewGuys076.jpg

And a poor picture of it when I first stopped the leaf..before I cut it off.
NewGuys073.jpg

It is mold, which shouldn't be a threat to the plant as long as you cut that leaf off at the base. Dead foliage will go moldy quite readily during shipping, not to worry. Remove it.

It is mold, which shouldn't be a threat to the plant as long as you cut that leaf off at the base. Dead foliage will go moldy quite readily during shipping, not to worry. Remove it.

Thank you so much!! If you couldn't tell I was panicking a little bit and possibly hyperventilating hahah

I think mold is a type of fungus......and im sorry if that was unhelpful in this instance!

That mold looks almost like the mold you find on bread,green. Its usually the brown/grey stuff is the bad stuff. Its called Botrytis Cinerea, but also goes by grey mold or bud rot.

Back