What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Heliamphora . . .

Here are the earliest signs of germination of a batch of Heliamphora seed -- some of which were sown in either mid September or early October. The media, in each case, was 2:3 Knudsen-C with 5.4 µM NAA (1 mg/L). Other species and varieties are soon to follow.

Once again: there's always room for jello . . .

Heliamphora minor var. pilosa -- 6 November
HPILOSSA2.jpg

HPILOSSA.jpg

Heliamphora minor (Cerro del Sol)
HMINORCERRO.jpg

Very nice. I look forward to seeing them progress. . .

Wow. Everything is looking awesome.

pilosa seed?

oh my....
so when are you going to show us the holy grail, the unicorn, a lost rembrant, your pet tasmanian tiger, the formula to turn lead into gold... hehehehe

nice work David, very very cool and impressive

ummm no fruit cocktail in the jello?

Is pilosa impossible to come by?
I saw a pic of one recently and REALLY like the look of it. Wouldn't mind adding one to my small heli collection one day.

no, you can get one for 150 euro, but only with a minimum 250 euro order with the hun...

(iirc)

no, you can get one for 150 euro, but only with a minimum 250 euro order with the hun...

(iirc)

order today! wistuba's having a promotion! you can get 15% off at the bare minimum! :awesome:

pilosa seed?

oh my....
so when are you going to show us the holy grail, the unicorn, a lost rembrant, your pet tasmanian tiger, the formula to turn lead into gold... hehehehe

nice work David, very very cool and impressive

ummm no fruit cocktail in the jello?

Butch, as you well know -- the secret of transmutation of base metals to gold involves the liberal use of unicorn tears; that very same esoteric substance that is said to fund Obamacare; and, sadly, I had to put down that Tasmanian Tiger; just couldn't deal with hairballs the size of plums; and he vomited in both the grail (it stains; go figure) and upon the lost Rembrandt.

Those clever dogs playing cards never ceased to amaze me; such detail and rich chiaroscuro . . .

Big Bella, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the germination day of your pilosa. And may the first born be a hairy child

(godfather theme playing in background)

lol

My understanding is that Rafalca tears fund obamacare David.

hehehehehe :p

You evil, evil man! What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?
"If a man such you should make enemies, they would become my enemies -- and they would fear you . . ."

Leave the heli. Take the cannolis....

Here is a brief update of some of the 2012 vials. The first two images (left to right) represent the germination of Heliamphora folliculata (Murosipian); and the last, Heliamphora minor var. pilosa, just beginning to form callus (undifferentiated tissue) growth . . .

Heliamphora sp. 20 November
HELI1112.jpg

Very nice! Is the pilosa from seed or root meristem?

Very nice! Is the pilosa from seed or root meristem?

Thanks -- and the pilosa is from seed; so too all of the 2012 cultures on this thread . . .

where it from the seeds
where the seeds from

where it from the seeds
where the seeds from

Some of the 2012 seed were from my own cultivated plants; and others were from various exchanges with other growers, both in the US and abroad . . .

Back