What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora idontknowwhatitisanymorensis.....

this plant was given to me as Heliamphora heterodoxa....
someone on facebook raised the hybrid flag, saying that it resembles H. heterodoxa x ionasii.
the pitcher in the photo is its first ever adult pitcher.
any thoughts?

8242658616_ca647df277_o.png

and for the heck of it, i'll throw in a pic of purpurescens.
8241589221_028fef02e7_b.jpg

Well, it doesn't really look like a pure heterodoxa to me. Not the foggiest idea of what it could be though. I largely ignore Heliamphora hybrids. Nice plant though.

It's H. sendittoLilforfurtheranalysisensis. :lol:

Good luck IDing it, really, it's lovely.

i normally do too, but this one looks like a keeper that i will tolerate in my collection. it colors up beautifully. plus it carries some sentimental value.

It appears either to be a variant of Heliamphora heterodoxa (and there are a helluva lot, having grown them from seed); that, or H. heterodoxa x ionasii, which resembles some of the many variants.

Enjoy my slacker, non-committal answer, Jon . . .

hahaha. i guess i will call it a heterodoxa.....for now.....

This is why I avoid Heli hybrids at all costs. I can barely tell some of the species apart, so hybrids make it even more confusing.

eh, why avoid them? i dont see a need to know a plant's ID to enjoy growing it.

There you go claiming heli 'species' actually look different, again...

:-P-:

eh, why avoid them? i dont see a need to know a plant's ID to enjoy growing it.

I'm color deficient, which makes IDing Helis nearly impossible without a guide in front of me. I like knowing what I have incase I feel like propagating it and trading it, so then I'm not responsible for a plant with the wrong name floating around.

ah i see. but if you have an unknown heli, you trade it as an unknown heli. simple enough

i cant ID helis and i am not color deficient lol. but sure do love them :p

Amazing plant :) look very healthy

Back