What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the plunge - My first Cephalotus

Yeah I dunno, I don't think it was just one thing that did Kermit in, it was just a accumulation of a bunch of things I wasn't doing right. If he was healthy and the conditions were right he wouldn't have gotten the mildew in the first place. Plus he was just so small, I think it was too much for the little guy to handle at once.

But I have a few ideas on improving and changing the conditions for my next attempt. We'll see if I can get ahold of another one without breaking the bank ;) Maybe if I'm lucky I'll find some leaf pullings instead.

I'd be willing to work out a trade for a small Cephalotus I have (bigger than the one you had though!). Do have some things you are willing to trade?

I'd be willing to work out a trade for a small Cephalotus I have (bigger than the one you had though!). Do have some things you are willing to trade?

You made my day just by offering! :-D I wish I had something worthy of trade at the moment, but anything I have right now is definitely not cephalotus worthy lol. That, and as you can see I don't have a good track record with growing them yet so I'd hate to kill someones plant :blush: I really appreciate the offer though, and if I could I would take you up on it!

On a slightly different topic though, I was looking on your grow list and I saw you wanted some d. indica? If its still on your want list, I can send you some seeds in the next month or so. It grows like crazy for me and it looks like it'll be blooming and making seeds again soon. I'd be more than willing to send some your way (no need for trade or anything) if you'd like :) Just PM me your addy and once the seeds are ready I'll send them your way...

You made my day just by offering! :-D I wish I had something worthy of trade at the moment, but anything I have right now is definitely not cephalotus worthy lol. That, and as you can see I don't have a good track record with growing them yet so I'd hate to kill someones plant :blush: I really appreciate the offer though, and if I could I would take you up on it!

On a slightly different topic though, I was looking on your grow list and I saw you wanted some d. indica? If its still on your want list, I can send you some seeds in the next month or so. It grows like crazy for me and it looks like it'll be blooming and making seeds again soon. I'd be more than willing to send some your way (no need for trade or anything) if you'd like :) Just PM me your addy and once the seeds are ready I'll send them your way...

I really appreciate the offer! I'll let you know soon :)

Where did you get that awesome white sand?

I got it from a fish store. It was a package of sand used as gravel in fish tanks, also came in black as well. I can try to find the package tomorrow when I return home to get the name of it ;)

Here it is....
6BEA3DCF-AC23-4633-B455-182E8577782B-8521-00000BBD3B91757F_zps02431c14.jpg

Back