What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new sarr trio

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
I have been lusting after a few sarracenias. I finally got them and I couldn't be more excited about these plants. I can't wait until they come out of dormancy.

My beloved s.rosea
55befb757db7f121bd9d0e6a6ae28cd3.jpg

S. psittacina
7c7c38514fda15031f0da6f2372df8ca.jpg

S. purpurea var. montana
2f6381837b075afd98b6ecac3f38a3b2.jpg

healthy looking plants, you got there. good luck with them. when do they usually come out of dormancy in your area?

Thanks pebes. To be honest I'm not 100% sure. This is my first dormant period with Sarrs. I live in tennessee so I'm guessing march-ish. The seller said that the plants have been dormant since October so they will continue here for another 2 months or so.

You're in almost the same climate zone as I am, so they should wake up around the end of March, possibly early April. I'll have to double check with my photos.

great looking plants and some of my favorites...except psittacina, lol

oh wow.. they are just beautiful. i need to stop myself from looking at all these wonderful pictures.

Thank you all for your kind words

great looking plants and some of my favorites...except psittacina, lol

What? How could you not like psittacina??? It's beautiful lol.
You can't tell from the photos but the psittacina is about 10in's wide. It is in a gallon nursery pot. Rosea is as well.

Aw man those are beautiful sarrs! I wish get some like that.

psitt is very slowly growing on me. i really like the antho free form, the giant form and some of the hybrids. rosea is in my top five must grow species

Nice plants, I like the intense coloring on all of them.

They do indeed. I wish I can take credit I'd that. Just hope I can keep it up!

Back