What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus "vigorous" divisions

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Divided my Ceph "vigorous" today and got 4 plants out of it and some leaf/pitcher pullings.

I thought it was time to do something about the overcrowding, haha.

8526642828_675fa9aed4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

These are the divisions, which I managed to get roots with all of them
8525529185_2e48a3e818.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And the leaf/pitcher pullings
8525528971_7047774786.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Update on the Ceph Hummer's leaf pulling strike...still waiting on the others to show signs of life
8526642652_3d74a21429.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Good job, man. If only, if only....

Thank you sir! Now we watch to see if they survive the abuse, haha.

I think that as long as your cultural conditions are close to what Cephalotus likes best, they're not as fussy as some people would have us believe, as regards transplanting and dividing. A lot of it has to do with how gentle you are when handling the delicate roots. I prefer to fill the new pot with soil mix, tamp it a bit by tapping the pot on the table top, then punching a hole with two fingers (or more, if required) to create a cavity for the roots, then dangle the roots into the hole and gently push the soil in from the sides to collapse the hole around the roots. That way, you can settle the roots in with minimal breakage/bruising.

At any rate, it looks like you are doing just fine with yours, kudos! That will no doubt expand to a two-by-two foot clump by July! ;-)

Sweetness!

Those look excellent Dj. You seem destined to have a greenhouse full of cephs. :)

Back