What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephs moved outside

• Thread starter Jcal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cephs

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
Now that the frost fear is over I decided to move the cephs out of the terraium and back outside. This is their temp home for a week or so. All made from spare parts around the house.

6312662bda227aeb948130bb42896f2c.jpg

After the first week I will remove the shade cloth.

they look great. Now quit out bidding me!!

Look great! Take care of the sky high temps when the full sun will hit the terrarium!

Take care of the sky high temps when the full sun will hit the terrarium!
Definitely agree - you're creating a solar oven. I would also be cautious of acclimation to outside conditions in general. I've killed a few Cephs in this transition. By the time you notice the plant wilting, it may be too late ... :0o:

Thanks for your advise. I have been keeping a close eye on the temps and humidity. They only get a few hrs of direct morning sun at the moment. Only in this setup to wean them from high humidity.

Mass - nope. I only have a few. Don't you have bigboy already?

Ron - What would you recommend to increase my success?

Ron - What would you recommend to increase my success?
As with most acclimation - move slowly, monitor closely (ie: I don't see a thermometer inside that box). :nono: Acclimate them fully to shade and then slowly introduce them to low levels of sun.

Back