What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia The Predator

With me being a newbie to the CP world I came home tonight and checked on my babies like i usually do only to find some predatory action going on for the first time.

Sarracenia Leucophylla
2C920078-2628-4B01-97A1-92E7CB2C61EC-13194-0000063E9B601162_zpsf5511109.jpg

Sarracenia Leucophylla with humongous water bug
1F36AFDD-4DE4-452A-9AA8-AFD6E4EC90A7-13194-0000063E879531C4_zpse894ae35.jpg

The water bug actually went into the pitcher but felt like it was too tight in there and climbed back out. Climbed down the pitcher walked over to the next pot did the whole investigation again but actually took the bait and is now living permanently inside......
C2AE9786-4D60-4048-AA4C-3585942BA78F-13194-0000064004870BEE_zps9c6b93d7.jpg

55FAD36F-7DDD-4D01-9FAD-A85E83AD1B1E-13194-000006400A7031D8_zpsaa39f803.jpg

Sarracenia Dixie Lace.
I aquired both plants last Monday at the botanical gardens at UNC-Charlotte.

Last edited:
You've got a nice collection going there! More diverse than mine I can say. Also glad to know I'm not the only newbie who comes home and checks on her plants!

You've got a nice collection going there! More diverse than mine I can say. Also glad to know I'm not the only newbie who comes home and checks on her plants!

Lol thanks! I've only been growing since April or so and I owe it to a couple of nice board members that helped me get started. Since you're in 7b have you guys been getting slammed by rain everyday? It's killing the color of my reddish plants because its been cloudy everyday for like 3 weeks smh

Oh yes! I'm just north of you on the border of VA/NC. My plants have NOT been liking the amount of rain. I think we got 4 inches Thursday night. There is such thing as too much of a good thing. But I now have a ton of rainwater collected.

Oh yes! I'm just north of you on the border of VA/NC. My plants have NOT been liking the amount of rain. I think we got 4 inches Thursday night. There is such thing as too much of a good thing. But I now have a ton of rainwater collected.
Exxxxxxactly. Thank the heavens for the tons of free water. It's definitely been false triggering my VFTs. Way too much

Same. I know my VFT were certainly glad to have some sun. My Sars would also get filled up with water because it was raining sooooo heavily. I was dumping out the pitchers as well as the tubs in which the pots sit. I've had enough rain for a bit and I think my plant have, too.

Same. I know my VFT were certainly glad to have some sun. My Sars would also get filled up with water because it was raining sooooo heavily. I was dumping out the pitchers as well as the tubs in which the pots sit. I've had enough rain for a bit and I think my plant have, too.

I'd be happy if they could get a week of straight sun so they can start getting their color back. I have a D. Binata marstons dragon that's turned back green because of the consistent cloud cover

Back