What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowes death cube Sarr identification.

Hey guys I bought a "dormant" baby sarr from lowes in April in the bug biting plants starter kit. It didnt say what species if Sarr it is though. It's finally putting up some pitchers and I'm thinking it may be some form of S. Rubra but I'm not sure. I know these pics aren't the best but I'd love to hear what you guys think.
33EB7865-8D4A-46A5-ACD3-0E48DA18F3D0-1781-000000CDE1830FEA_zps3ffdba6c.jpg

045579B3-6628-4953-847A-055BB6D2480D-1781-000000CDDC56C6BC_zpse963bdec.jpg

A9A682A7-717A-4C82-91E5-4479E4FA28BE-1781-000000CDD7683AE7_zps36b47d8c.jpg

A minor or a rubra im pretty sure.

A minor or a rubra im pretty sure.

Yeah I might have to wait until it gets bigger for better Identification. Is there a size difference between the 2 plants as adults?

Looks like rubra.

If it's from the same thing I once got, it's S. rubra rubra.

If it's from the same thing I once got, it's S. rubra rubra.

Yeah it was like a CP starter kit. It had a dormant sarr and dormant VFT and some peat. When I got mine the VFT was already dead. Thanks for the info regardless. How long have you had yours?

I got one of these kits at the end of last summer. I remember a purp being on the box, but that doesn't seem to be what I or you have. My vft survived, and I actually got two pitcher plants, though you probably can't tell from the photos. http://imgur.com/a/Y4txd

Yep, it's rubra rubra. They advertise a purple pitcher being in the kit, but it's a rubra.

Yep, it's rubra rubra. They advertise a purple pitcher being in the kit, but it's a rubra.

Ok cool. How big can I expect the pitchers to get once it matures?

This is a relatively small plant, they only get to 1, maybe 1.5 feet tall, and often for some reason stay at only around 6-10 inches tall.

Definitely a rubra. I have one from Lowes that I bought a couple of years ago and its a really nice looking plant.

Back