What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 months later

What a difference 6 moths makes!!

Here it is as purchased 2-27-13

IMG_0760 c-29.jpg IMG_0763 c-29.jpg

And now today

IMG_1825cr c-29.jpg IMG_1833 c-29.jpg

Others purchased that day have done equally well. Some have already been repotted as they were nearly bursting their pots. Hope I didn't kill them by potting up out of season (whenever that is).

Will post more pix if anyone is interested.

dont think mine will ever achieve that size, but wow! cephs are definitely rewarding.

This is what i call a happy ceph :-D

Well done!

I'd be up for some more pics. Nicely grown.

Very nice! Is that a Hummer's Giant?

Thanks all.

More pix coming when I can find the befores.

Ngantnier - it is an unnamed variety from a batch I purchased back in February from Charles Brewer. Considering the source if it is not a Hummer it more than likely has some Hummer genes in it

c-13

c-13IMG_0646 w.jpg c-13IMG_0649 w.jpg

9-10-13

c-13IMG_1845 w.jpg c-13IMG_1847 w.jpg

A few volunteers have popped up in this pot.

Wow, great works.

Do you mind sharing your growing conditions ?

30 gallon aquarium w/ 4 spiral CFL 18w (75w equivalent) daylight (6500K) in a makeup mirror fixture supported over the tank with bulbs down in the tank Lights are on for 16 hrs a day. RO water 1/2" to 1" deep. When tank bottom is dry it is refilled after 2 days mist tank twice a day using hand spray bottle. Tank is wrapped on the outside with aluminum foil on both long sides and one end - the other end is covered by a removable white white poster board. A small 6" fan blows straight down into one end of the tan while lights are on. Temps day 79-85F nights below 75F (wife likes to sleep under a comforter year round so she comes to bed last so I don't know she hits the thermostat as she goes by - little does she know :>} ) Humidity low is 55% high ?

Your plants are very well grown. Thanks for being open about your setup. Thanks for the inspiration.

Not a problem Jcal, that's what this forum is about - sharing knowledge,experiences (good or bad),and ideas to further the advancement of the successful culture of these wonderful plants called CP's..

Thank you very much for the info!

Are those utrics U.subulata?

Not sure what either the utrics or the sars are.

Back