What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrids by Fred P

Wow guys! It's nice to see that some of my crosses are turning into such impressive plants. Great growing everyone!

S. 'Leah Wilkerson' x flava var rubricorpora

Such a nice looking clone.

I like the colors on that one..... they're not from Fred, but I have seedlings of 'Cinnamon Tube' and flava rubri x 'Adrian Slack' I am dying to see grow up...

Got a couple more pics of stuff
The fat pitcher on my big 'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Royal Ruby' opened

Also, second largest plant takes a lot after its mother

The purp burkii "Chipola" x typical is also dying to get moved outside.... come on, I need spring!

And the hood and colors on the x catesbaei "Monster" x purp 'Red Ruffles' are getting more prominent

That lw x rr is going to be nice!

Couple more shots to share on a few plants
'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Royal Ruby'

purpurea burkii "Chipola" x typical

'Royal Ruby' x 'Adrian Slack'

And x catesbaei "Monster" x purpurea 'Red Ruffles'

The 'HCW' X 'AS' hybrids are waking up. Several of them flowered too! Can't wait for the pitchers to color up.
Some of the flowers have a bleached spotted/splotched pattern on the pedals. Interesting...

13SMMtf.jpg

xgsq2ys.jpg

lF9ShIT.jpg

Pr6Qb7R.jpg

dw3EPWe.jpg

zHYqhDy.jpg

Xf3J70B.jpg

Last edited:
S. oreophila x 'Leah Wilkerson' @ 3 years old

My favorite clone

The first clone to flower. Beautiful copper top.

A really veiny clone

Clone with a wavy lid

The hybrids are showing their first pitchers outside now, and some are turning out more promising than I expected.
This one didn't look very special in the greenhouse, but now sports a notable cherry lip

The "pink blushed" clone got darker

The thin pitcher clone is also gaining color

And from one of the selected "keeper" clones, the first outside pitcher from the 'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Royal Ruby' batch

Alright, more pitchers are showing up and color is intensifying, so here goes:
first, the one 'Leah Wilkerson' x 'Royal Ruby' with open, pic-worthy pitchers. A new pitcher:

and the older, darkened pitcher

And now for the 'Royal Ruby' x 'Adrian Slack' plants:
First up, the so-called "Pink Blushed" clone. The entire upper pitcher really is a velvety salmon color

an unnamed clone with prominent veins

and another with a darker lid

this one has a somewhat blushed lid, but nowhere near the extent of the salmon clone

I've taken to calling this one "lemon and cherry", because the background is bright lemon yellow, with cherry or raspberry colored veins filling in the pitcher. Actually, "raspberry lemonade" might fit better

and, the "cherry lip" clone

The very largest seedling is only just beginning to open the first outdoor pitcher, and it will be some time before it colors up, but the plant is already a grassy green with deep red veins, and it always darkened to a considerably deep red veined plant, so this should be interesting when it fully opens. I will post a pic when it does, of course.

Good looking plants HC. I like the last one.

S. Copper Vase x Adrian Slack

Leuco purple lips x oreo

I like that one Eric!

Back