What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just my first large carnivorous plant shipment in the mail and potted everyone up. The Heli's are potted in a soil mix containing peat, silica sand, and perlite, and the dome is now closed up with the whole thing sitting on my greenhouse floor so they can slowly acclimate. Unfortunately I didn't receive my add on order which was all the Nepenthes, but I'm willing to settle for this and a whole bunch of new Lecanopteris for now :)

Pictured here:
Heliamphora minor "Burgundy Black"
Heliamphora hispida
Heliamphora chimantensis (Chimanta) 2 clones
Heliamphora heterodoxa
Heliamphora ionasii
Heliamphora elongata (Ilu Tepui)
Heliamphora pulchella (Chimanta Tepui, Venezuela)
Heliamphora nutans (Yuruani Tepui)
Heliamphora ciliata
Heliamphora tatei var. neblinae x hispida (Cerro Neblina, Venezuela)
Nepenthes flava
Nepenthes inermis
Nepenthes lavicola
Nepenthes lowii
Nepenthes jamban

and coming in my missing shipment:
Nepenthes spathulata (Sumatra)
Nepenthes hamata x3
Nepenthes dubia (Gunugn Talamau, West Sumatra)
Nepenthes macrophylla (Gunung Trusmadi, Borneo)
Nepenthes rajah (Mt. Kinabalu, Borneo)
Nepenthes macfarlanei (Genting Highlands, Peninsula Malaysia)
Nepenthes aristolochioides (Sumatra)
Nepenthes edwardsiana

Nice haul.... Looks like the same place I got my recent additions from. Got mine Thursday of this week.

Congrats Bonnie,

Hellva nice haul, now that is what I call jumping in with both feet :)
Young helis can be a challenge, watch out for desiccation.... it can happen overnight.

woohooo :D now that what i call an expensive tray of heli straws :awesome:

That's awesome, Bonnie. It's always refreshing to see experienced growers, who may not be experienced CP growers, jump in and show us what we're doing wrong. Can't wait to see the progress.

Wow. I don't see myself ever having that many helis. O.O I tried one and that was enough of a disaster for me. :p

Good looking helis though, I'm sure you'll have better luck than me.

I have hard time providing the conditions: cool and humid.

I dropped mine a few times. :p I'm clumsy. Also I think my media had some parasite. After the heli died I pulled it up and saved the sphagnum moss. Used it later for a dew. It also died soon after. Now I am avoiding using live sphagnum.

thats a fantastic array of plants Bonnie ,i would love to see the lecanopteris do you already grow some

Very nice. Keep us up to date on their progress!!

I have about 4 full size ones out there I can take pictures of this afternoon. I need to go clean up in the greenhouse, it got a bit neglected this week >.<

thats a fantastic array of plants Bonnie ,i would love to see the lecanopteris do you already grow some

that would be great,i grow l.sinuosa and l. lomarioides at the moment and think its a great group of plants but do not think my conditions would allow me to grow the more fancy ones.i have low humidity as i grow them open to the house so conditions change loads with the seasons

Back