What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll have to see how things play out over the next few weeks to months, but from the 2 really cold nights last week in the Charlotte area, it looks like my two young S. purpurea didn't take as well to the freeze as I had been expecting them to. At this point, it looks like my older S. rubra did better. I brought almost everything else in, with exception of some D. rotundifolia, D capillaris, and D. intermedia. This is my first year back into CPs after a good long while. I wanted to leave some of the pitchers out, but at the same time didn't wanna risk them getting too cold. A little further south in Charlotte proper would give me a couple degrees more, a little further north to the lake and I'd have a temperature stabilizing body of water. Oh, to be stuck between the two!

My purps are actually doing swell with the weather even the seedlings. Actually they are doing the best out of all my seedlings.

I'll have to see how things play out over the next few weeks to months, but from the 2 really cold nights last week in the Charlotte area, it looks like my two young S. purpurea didn't take as well to the freeze as I had been expecting them to. At this point, it looks like my older S. rubra did better. I brought almost everything else in, with exception of some D. rotundifolia, D capillaris, and D. intermedia. This is my first year back into CPs after a good long while. I wanted to leave some of the pitchers out, but at the same time didn't wanna risk them getting too cold. A little further south in Charlotte proper would give me a couple degrees more, a little further north to the lake and I'd have a temperature stabilizing body of water. Oh, to be stuck between the two!
it might have just scared them into dormancy. My Binatas now have resting buds after that brief snow last week. Before then they still had dew. All of that changed literally over night

Back