What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mulitple sarracenia in one pot

I have some a few extra pots laying around that measure 16 inches across by 11 inches deep. I have about 9 sarracenia I was wondering of I could save some space amd do groups of 3 plantings In each of the pots. Curious about the cons if any

eventually you will have to repot and when i say eventually I mean like less than 7 months. lol....unless they are just seedlings but under optimal conditions you'd be surprised how quickly a marble sized rhyzome can become a golfball sized rhyzome.

Hi Bradaddie.
No real cons at all, apart from (not knowing where you are in the world) the species you put together in one pot, having sympathetic dormancy requirements, i.e psitt and minors have similar requirements which are warmer than purpurea var purpurea needs, but other than that they will as cpbobby says fill the pot quickly, but that need not be a bad thing as they will need re potting and/or dividing every couple of years anyway, so you wont have wasted any effort.

Cheers
Steve

Three plants in a 16" pot is perfectly reasonable. You might be able to get 3-5 years growth in a pot that big before you have to think about dividing/repotting.

Ok sounds greati as far as dormancy requirements all I know is for sure I hape one Purpurea which is on its own all the rest were bought as a mix of bare root rhizomes. Bitbut none the less everything gets over wintered in an garage that never gets below 35 oh and im in ny state zone 6

In that case there is no problem at all.

Good luck
Steve

Three plants in a 16" pot is perfectly reasonable. You might be able to get 3-5 years growth in a pot that big before you have to think about dividing/repotting.

+1

Back