What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing sarracenias from seeds..

I have around 300+ sarracenia seeds that I have in the fridge ( in a ziploc bag with a napkin and some in a ziploc bag and spaghmom moss ). I've tried to grow a Venus flytrap and darlingtona californica but failed :/ kinda brought my confidence down. So know I'm wondering if I can get some tips on growing sarracenias from seed. Once I take them out the fridge what should I do? I live in Chula Vista , CA near San Diego , CA and want to grow them outside.. Any tips would help thank you

Sarracenia are nearly effortless to grow from seed (if you process them correctly!). Case in point:
20140326-073410.jpg

Not a Number
has pointed you to an excellent article that describes the process well. Follow those instructions and you can't fail.

Thank you "not a number" and "whimgrinder" I really appreciate it :) I'll post pics as soon as I start they start to grow

I think keeping them humid is important. I've tried Sarracenia and Darlingtonia seeds before and followed the instructions, but they never germinated, probably because they dried out.

I think that's the same thing that happened to me when I tired to grow Darlingtonias.. I heard keeping the pot in a ziploc bag works

Back