What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favi's Heli Thread

What are you using as lighting? Whatever it is, it's working! :drool:

Thank you, Butch!!!! :D

Thank you, Bio! It's on the first page on this thread. I have two clamp lamps with 60 W 6500K CFL from home depot.

fully opened:

Hey

I just got a N. Sibuyanensis, do you think one of the light bulb you recommended would work?

Hello ps3isawesome,
I've only use lighting for Heliamphoras, not for nepenthes. before I had my greenhouse, I used to grow all my nepenthes on, windowsill. I do grow sibuyanensis and it is one of my, favorites. Here is mine;

The only windowsill in my house that receives direct light is one that gets morning sunlight for 2 hours. Every other windowsill is shaded lighting because of the roof over it. What should i do? Thank you

I don't think it would hurt to try and use this bulb on it. Try it and see how it does in a month. keep the bulb about 6 inches away. There are many growers here that use t5's, LED, and other artificial lightnings with great success, maybe you should ask them or search for threads. I'm sorry that I can't be much help on this matter. What I can tell you about this species is, that it needs high humidity.

Thank you for pointing him to the right direction, lovely :)

What a lovely Heli! I am so jelly! :drool: You have really turned that plant into a nice specimen! I can't wait for that flower! Nicely grown! :clap:

Haven't posted updated pics. I got some T8s at Walmart and made a grow shelf for my heli and pings, enjoy :)

Last edited:
Whaaat! Not sure how I missed this thread. Fantastic looking plants you got there. This really gives me hope for my little guys. I'm only using CFL clamp lamps so I've been worrying about providing my new Heliamphora with enough lighting. Just curious what sort of day and night time temperatures are you seeing in your new shelf setup?

Last edited:
Thank you, Dexenthes!
I keep it as a house plant so I really don't keep temperature or humidity on my helis. It's mostly 70 and 67 in the bedroom. :)

I just took this picture from my recliner lol I apologize for the resolution.

Beautiful plant! What kind of media are you using? Also what kind of humidity are you getting in there? It just open to room conditions?

Thank you, tje25!
I use LFS and cypress much as media. The plant is kept outdoor in room conditions

cypress mulch is great stuff.... love the premium bark when I can find it

Back