What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus cube display piece

Thank you.

duuuuuuuuuuude. great minds think alike! killer setup!

haha. THanks man.

Here is a December 2017 update. The plant has outgrown the light. You can see the drastic decline in colour in the shaded area. So much so that a smaller offshoot in the shade is dying because it doesn't get any light. I guess I underestimated how cephs can spread. :p

Anyways, I think I might have to dismantle this setup.

25037162738_3f70b60561_b.jpg

38193216484_d46e3b2af7_b.jpg

27131963969_3a0878f3c2_b.jpg

38021943835_cd97e45574_b.jpg

Dang that thing looks like it is doing great. What kind of temperatures does it experience for you ?

Just read through this thread, and dang. This setup has a great aesthetic and functional appeal. I might do a similar thing with a capensis or tokaiensis. Great work dude! Those macro shots are amazing too. What camera do you use?

Dang that thing looks like it is doing great. What kind of temperatures does it experience for you ?
Thanks Dex. It is at room temps...so ranges from 18.5 C to 21C. Since it is in the basement, maybe a couple degrees off? But just open to room air and room temp. Around 50% humidity IIRC.

Just read through this thread, and dang. This setup has a great aesthetic and functional appeal. I might do a similar thing with a capensis or tokaiensis. Great work dude! Those macro shots are amazing too. What camera do you use?

Thanks :) . I use a Nikon D750 with a 105mm f2.8 micro nikkor lens. :)

Noooo! Don't disassemble it! It looks great!!! Cephs make for some great small displays.

I'm looking for those death cube acrylic boxes. The ones I've found so far are all too expensive to be the same ones used for commercially sold CP's. I kind of want to put my D. adelae in one of those, since it prefers being bagged on my gorw shelf, but Ziploc bags are eyesores.

Since everyone is looking for a display case like that one, here's a few affordable ones I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Acrylic-Display-Case-Beveled/dp/B01LZUJ1L4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1515731415&sr=8-6&keywords=clear+display+case

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Figurine-Beanie-Display-7-Inch/dp/B001IJFKWA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515731415&sr=8-4&keywords=clear+display+case

And one that is a bit more stylish but also more expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Cloche-Display-Tabletop-Centerpiece/dp/B01FL7Q5GY/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1515731415&sr=8-17&keywords=clear+display+case

This last one is a similar style to the bell jars that European plant collectors may have used to contain the first carnivorous specimens. If you have a Michael's near you, I suggest getting a glass fish bowl there. Could be interesting.

Back