What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Photos Summer 2014, Post up some Pics of your best so far!

Being Summer some of my windowsill Cephalotus are really kicking it into gear. This one is really close in pitcher size to the Big Boy right next to it, but it is a little larger and more colorful.

Cephalotus Location Emu Point - Largest Pitcher on the plant.

DSC_0635 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Entire mess, Less than 3 years old from leaf pull. It has really put on some summer weight this season.

DSC_0638 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Here is my lonely ceph, I won it in a giveaway not too long ago.
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99611974@N05/14601750950/in/photostream/player/" width="1024" height="681" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
One of my biggest Cephs, and one of my favorite photos. Photo taken earlier this summer.

attachment.php

It's not as colorful as other clones, but I think green Cephs can look equally as attractive as colorful ones.

Last edited:
Hummers. The top pitcher is really close to hitting the 3 inch mark.

Can fav. "Squat" also my personal fav.

And who needs Eden black when you have big boy that gets just as dark! Jk

One of my biggest Cephs, and one of my favorite photos. Photo taken earlier this summer.

attachment.php

It's not as colorful as other clones, but I think green Cephs can look equally as attractive as colorful ones.

Put that sucker closer to the light and it will get some color

My current Ceph:
q8B1Qd4.jpg

Don't have any big cephs left, but this is the best looking one for now

14742279436_e39a237515_b.jpg

ere's mine it's still a baby

Don't have any big cephs left, but this is the best looking one for now

14742279436_e39a237515_b.jpg

WOW! Quick get it to a hospital that thing is bleeding!

...and here are my humble beginnings:
Cephalotus folicularis and Drosera hamiltonii

Heres mine.

Typical

Hummers giant

And unknown.

Last edited:
Oh and anyone have a clue what type my unknown one is? the new pitchers coming in is such a deep purple almost black.

Oh and anyone have a clue what type my unknown one is? the new pitchers coming in is such a deep purple almost black.

I think thats very normal. In normal sufficient light levels, new ceph pitcher buds start off darker and become more green as the pitcher bud inflates. I think its just a typical clone. Every ceph can respond differently given different conditions. A ceph I got as a green plant looks blood red (vein blood red) in good lighting. The only registered cultivar which is almost black is the infamous eden black variety.

Only seedlings, but for once I have plants actually growing and doing okay.

Cute little seedlings :)

This Ceph has been through a lot which includes several treatment rounds for powdery mildew.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/sovetskjeff/14754497720/player/" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice mess there mobile!

I know that it's fall, and that I'm late to this thread, but this was taken in the summer, I promise :).

This was a sickly "typical" clone that I had kept very dry in a sealed plastic cube for many years. Early last year, I freed it from its prison, repotted it in a new mix and started feeding one pitcher a month with diluted Neptune's Harvest fertilizer. It has now grown into this:

Last edited:
Here is what my Summer one has grown into, figure I might as well post up a "full" photo before it starts throwing up leaves. If you look you can see it has already started with the leaf-a-thon.
DSC_0734 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Back