What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Smurf

• Thread starter Jcal
  • Start date

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
Some think it's ugly. I think it's beautiful. I think it's fall colors are gorgeous.

Its definitely not ugly! Its a very interesting species.

It's a very interesting plant. And I just received my first plant last week. Can't wait for it to grow more.

Ah! Burn it with fire!

Gotta love a purp and all its crazy friends. ..

Love the Smurf! How long have you had yours and where did you get it from? Oh and incase you were wandering I have a bunch of little Phil's, Emu's, and HG's growing from your leaf pulls so it wasn't for naught :)

My Smurf has been through a bit of stress from changing environments a couple times in the past two months but is still looking good. I love how hairy they get. That is a 5.5" pot for size reference.

Wooooah that is even funkier than most smurfs I have seen. Way cool!

Shouldn't it be blue?

Hey, has anyone every flowered a 'Smurf?' What does/would that look like?

Id love to buy a Smurf! Anybody know where I can get one of these?

They're not exactly common. the only place I've seen them (besides pics of other grower's plants) are occasional listings on eBay. And by occasional I mean maybe every few months.

Rare indeed. It took me a long time to track one down. And I paid a pretty penny for one. I wanted one with certian traits so I spend almost 2 years looking for one I wanted. Some are more mutant than others as the pics above show.

I was able to take a few divisions from the mother plant above. Going to use for trade fodder.

Last edited:
I'll probably have a couple available come next March or so. BobZ (Robert Zeimer who runs cpphotofinder) also has one of my divisions. I purchased mine originally from Vasek over at CZ. Only cost me 15 Euro if I remember correctly :)

Just a heads up too JCal, mine looked like yours in its younger days and slowly started developing tighter and disproportional hoods. I'll see if I can find an older worthwhile picture. How old is yours?

I was also surprised how green the Smurf pictures are online. Mine goes to a dark red pretty quickly after the pitcher develops.

Shouldn't it be blue?

^^^^ This guy. Lulz

If I grew this plant or its buddy Mr. Yellow Jacket from seed I would have thrown them out. Seeing them here makes me badly wany both, though. Lousy peer pressure.

Just sayin'....

smurfette.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just a heads up too JCal, mine looked like yours in its younger days and slowly started developing tighter and disproportional hoods. I'll see if I can find an older worthwhile picture. How old is yours?

I was also surprised how green the Smurf pictures are online. Mine goes to a dark red pretty quickly after the pitcher develops.

Glad the pullings did well for you! I just took photos of the HG. It is impressive. I'll post the pics soon.

I can't remember how old the plant is exactly. Around 2 or 3 years old. Should flower next year.

Back