What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hcarlton's Helis

HC, those helis are looking good! So much growth in three months' time. I've recently decided to give this genus a shot... I can only hope mine looks half as good as yours in three months.

What are your temps? Do you feed/fertilize?

Temps vary depending on season. All my highland plants are moved at night to experience temps in the 50's, but daytime may be between 75 and 90 F. And I feed all pitcher plants with Maxsea.

I'm very sorry for getting your thread derailed, a simple pm would have saved a lot of nonsense here.

Beautiful Heliamphora Hc! :D

Last edited:
I think there's enough pitchers to equal 3 plants.....also, see that big, ripped pitcher at the top of the pic? Was the largest pitcher on the plant, and when it opened it...literally exploded.
H. heterodoxa x minor by hawken.carlton, on Flickr

het x minor put up another even larger pitcher, and of course my luck it caught on something and exploded as well.... typical...

Meanwhile, H. nutans is doing very well. I discovered the hairs on the inside look golden in the right light...
H. nutans by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

For having such small immature pitchers ( stil barely an inch long), H. minor is moving pretty fast
H. minor by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Very nice Hc, the nectar spoon looks H. nutan "giant"-ish to me

Shape in summer is always a bit off though, as there's overall less light reaching them. However, no extra data came with the plant, so it could be.

Great heli's mine got a bit burned so I'm hoping btw growth kicks in soon

Flowering done, doubt I'll get seeds from the self-pollination but the plant still looks decent
H. nutans by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

Beautiful plants. Thanks for sharing.

Mona

Back