Likes Likes:  3
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Hcarlton's Helis

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Heathen View Post
    Man they are just gorgeous! Wish mine looked that good. What's your setup like and any tips on growing them would be amazing.
    They grow in the greenhouse next to everything else, which swings from lowland to intermediate conditions throughout the year, but I move them out to the basement every night so they get cold nights. They need a LOT of light and cold temps to be happy primarily though.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    They grow in the greenhouse next to everything else, which swings from lowland to intermediate conditions throughout the year, but I move them out to the basement every night so they get cold nights. They need a LOT of light and cold temps to be happy primarily though.
    I have mine in a ten gallon with a glass top. The humidity is around 80 during the day. Tep is lowe 70s during this time of yeas and drops to mid to low 60s at night. I have a 24" twin T5ho over them giving me 48w. The light is about ten inches away from my largest plant. Is there anything I can improve?
    Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson,
    Grow List
    https://www.terraforums.com/forums/g...ml#post1210879

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Heathen View Post
    I have mine in a ten gallon with a glass top. The humidity is around 80 during the day. Tep is lowe 70s during this time of yeas and drops to mid to low 60s at night. I have a 24" twin T5ho over them giving me 48w. The light is about ten inches away from my largest plant. Is there anything I can improve?
    Colder at night, and wattage says nothing about light strength; lumens are light output, but I have never actually looked at what my lights are rated at. The brighter, the better (if they aren't turning red somewhere, it's not bright enough).
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the difference proper lighting makes...all the shorter pitchers are from when under the bottom shelf light (which has since also been changed), but this new one under another shelf's light:
    H. minor by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
    Lovely blood-colored line down the back too
    Growlist

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678