What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora selection

Does entire now the story behind h. minor selection 1 h. minor burgundy black and h. minor big orange. I'm interacted in the bumber off seedlings it took to find them three

If you're asking for some form of assistance, you might want to try re-phrasing your post into something coherent. :scratch:

Does entire now the story behind h. minor selection 1 h. minor burgundy black and h. minor big orange. I'm interacted in the bumber off seedlings it took to find them three
What it should say-

Does anyone know the story behind h minor selection 1, h minor burgundy black and h minor big orange. I'm interested in the number of seedlings it took to find them.

That's what I was trying to say I use my phone and it like to change what I'm saying a lot thanks dionea

I'm really interested in variation in the species

Hello jwalker :)

Nobody seems to seriously reply to your post, so i will try to answer you a bit.

From what i know, it can take hundreds of germinations before the selection of a special seedling. From my opinion, its a matter of luck.

Here some h.collina x elongata seeds i sprouted recently. All the germinations occur in the same 4-5 days, and the left one is clearly different; all green, upright and very slow grower compared to others.
15752234978_3c23f53027_b.jpg

I pollinate a lot of flowers from many species/cultivars in the last few months, i hope for more special seedlings!
16020273391_8cb3aac6f0_b.jpg

For the wistuba's cultivars, some sources said he collected them in the wild, shipped the plants to germany and received them when he is back in town. Some other sources said he made the selection in his lab. I asked him the question last year, and he said he selected them himself in germany. For myself, i trust him, i think he sprout these beauties himself. But its a very personnal opinion.

H.minor 'selection 1'
15548902477_297169874b.jpg

H.minor 'burgundy-black'
15449584798_8f3f54b407_b.jpg

H.minor 'big orange'
15655448471_f51e11971c_b.jpg

H.minor var pilosa (clone B)
15996448886_c699df09ef_b.jpg

H.minor var pilosa (clone A)
15996441996_c7e65dc62b_b.jpg

I know, i know, pilosas was clearly collected in the wild, but they are minors, and the variation is amazing and interesting :)

So, i hope i answer your thread at least a little bit !

Francois

Last edited:
Back