What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia in Perlite

I deflask and grow darlingtonia in perlite and pure water. So far so good. There's no mold & bacteria and they seem happy. Next step will give them a very little fertilizer or amino acids. If they don't like it then move them to sphagnum moss. :banana2:

darlingtonia-05.jpg

darlingtonia-04.jpg

They look beautiful...I look forward to seeing how it works.

There is some concern that Darlingtonia californica is a fluorine sensitive species and that perlite from some sources contains fluorides. I don't recall anything definite on the subject probably due to lack of research. Just saying...

There is some concern that Darlingtonia californica is a fluorine sensitive species and that perlite from some sources contains fluorides. I don't recall anything definite on the subject probably due to lack of research. Just saying...

Thank you for information. I keep an eye on them. So far plants look healthy for over few weeks. In the past, I grow them in LFSM but they grow very slowly and LFSM will cover them. If I add fertilizer to let them grow faster then LFSM will dye and also Darlingtonia. This time I will try different fertilizer (hydroponic fertilizer, less fungi and bacteria) with very small amount. It's fun to test.

darlingtonia-11.jpg

Back