What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i have power mildew on my ceph?

I saw a bunch on some of my older leaves and i scrapped some off with a pair of tweezers from the leaf.

You can see there's some starting on the biggest leaf. Uhhh they weren't here a few days ago.

I did some research and realized this could very much be PM.

Any quick and easy fix to this? or product I can buy at the local nursery?

Thanks guys! I'm so sad..... it started growing and now this .... :(

IMG_3048_zps9089d2b4.jpg

IMG_3049_zps15d76270.jpg

IMG_3050_zps4f5b3751.jpg

I may just be practically blind, but I don't see anything there. :suspect:

If mildew is a concern, then getting rid of all of the dead foliage around the plant will help prevent future outbreaks. Any current mildew could be wiped off the leaves.

Last edited:
I'm trying to look for mildew. . . Hmm..... "Olly Olly Oxen Free". . .
Didn't work:rant:

here's a better picture.
IMG_3048_zps83cf62c7.jpg

and here's my set up. the window is almost open all the time. The cephalotus is outside and right next to the terrarium. the soil is kept moist.

IMG_3051_zpsa66e21ba.jpg

Yes. Looks like powdery mildew. Common of there is a lot of humidity and no airflow. If you have sulfur use it. It works best. If not get a q- tip and alcohol. Increasing the air flow will put a stop to it.

Yes. Looks like powdery mildew. Common of there is a lot of humidity and no airflow. If you have sulfur use it. It works best. If not get a q- tip and alcohol. Increasing the air flow will put a stop to it.

+1 Also looks like mildew for me. Good early catch BTW!

I don't see any new mildews on other leafs. So I am assuming I've successfully stopped it from spreading.

Though, the leafs look pretty efed up.

Should I trim away the leafs that were infected? thanks!!

IMG_0147_zpssbjkn6gv.jpg

No. Leafs tend to look like that, infected or not. The less poking and proding you do to the plant the happier it will be.

Back