What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph the red

:0o:

zero post processed iphone pic other than simple resizing
IMG_2998s.jpg

Av

fantastic mate. wow. That LED seems fantastic. I am trying out a new DIY fixture myself for a ceph. Looking forward to see how it will turn out.

I love the red veins is this a seed grown ceph

oye v!

thanks!
yeah i just saw your thread... very cool, what choices did you make in led selection?

j...
no, not seed grown.... its a Hummer's Giant variant of one flavor or another
very typical in cultivation

The red colorization is (I assume) a result of the far red LED combo I am using.
This clone has the normal dark/blackish color when grown under more "typical" lighting conditions.

I think the color looks amazing. I'm not going to change a thing.

Last edited:
oye v!

thanks!
yeah i just saw your thread... very cool, what choices did you make in led selection?

The red colorization is (I assume) a result of the far red LED combo I am using.
This clone has the normal dark/blackish color when grown under more "typical" lighting conditions.

I think the color looks amazing. I'm not going to change a thing.

Nice to hear from you mate. :) Been a long long while. The color combo is currently two cool whites, 1 UV and 1 deep red. I found fantastic results with my ecotech fixture. So was trying to replicate it in part with a smaller fixture keeping in mind the wavelengths that might be critical while preserving view ability.

Last edited:
very cool, do you know what the wavelength of the deep red is and where did you source it?

has been too long....after losing google talk, I don't have a chat program anymore.
I did enable the google plus thing a few days ago but ewww, it's so Facebookish feeling,
or at least what I imagine facebook must be like.

lol

Last edited:
Hey B,

Have u tried google hangouts? I have beeb trying to get in touch. its pretty much the same thing as Facebook messenger or apple iMessage. :p

I got them from rapidled after seeing Randall's (RSS) attempts at his LED system. (Thanks RSS for the idea) :) This is pretty much a moonlight solderless kit with 4 other led. This is a deep red 660nm LED. I have been reading a bit about binning of LED... so the accuracy of that wavelength is harder to pin down/trust. But it should be in that range. Lets see how it goes.

cheers

V

Last edited:
Back