What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Frost Damage

NemJones

I Am the Terror Of the Night!
For the past week its been raining like mad, then a few hours ago the temp dropped down
to 30. I walked out to the bog and found that every single sarracenia had severe frost damage to the growing pitchers.
Large splotches of dark green show where they were frozen. all growth tips have been frosted. (I can get pictures if needed.)

Can these recover or are they doomed?

I had snow and a hard frost too. I lost several flowers and some pitchers but they are all still growing and pushing more growth .. they should be OK

It will slow them down, but they should recover in due time. I had this happen a few years back and by mid-summer they looked completely normal.

Had to move all my plants inside yesterday, we had like 6 inches of snow dropped on us.....after all that nice warm weather too :(
But, if anything freezes, while that leaf won't live past the incident the plant as a whole will put up new growth.

OH good, thank you. I was about to throw a Fit. every time I ask, people say that you shouldnt worry about
the bogs in cold weather. Either way, I just hope they recover.

Carlton - Its going to freeze again tonight. That mass gauntlet of weather we have been getting is nuts

Back