What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia x umlauftiana

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
First pitcher to open in my care. I just love this hybrid so decided to share. Thank you Paul for this beauty!

17539462502_c91b62d827_z.jpg
[/url]S. x umlauftiana (2) by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]
16919152624_521b2b0218_z.jpg
[/url]S. x umlauftiana (1) by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Beautiful! I have a nice hybrid from Paul that I should get around to starting a thread on..........

Looks very similar to a (rubra x psittacina) x leucophylla cross that I grow, just a bit more squat and with more hair. Unfortunately, mine hasn't opened its first pitcher of the season yet, spring came late to NJ this year...

Looks very similar to a (rubra x psittacina) x leucophylla cross that I grow, just a bit more squat and with more hair. Unfortunately, mine hasn't opened its first pitcher of the season yet, spring came late to NJ this year...

The hood shape probably comes from the purpurea influence. The cross I believe is: (purpurea x psittacina) x (leucophylla x psittacina).

Stunning! Am I right in guessing that all that white comes from the leucophylla?

That is wonderful coloration. I especially love the thick red vein just below the lip of the pitcher.

It appears to be motoring right along, DJ! Such a fun Sarracenia, and so unlike almost anything else (except maybe Skywatcher). I have seedlings of S. x Umlauftiana X 'Adrian Slack' coming along. Those ought to be "goofy"!

Gorgeous! A beauty one can definitely be proud to own.

Probably my third favorite Sarr after 'Adrian Slack' and 'Leah Wilkerson.'

Crossing umlauftiana to 'Adrian Slack' has long been sort of my "dream cross" and I hope some great things come out of it! One day I'll make it myself, too!

How vigorous is x umlauftiana compared to other Sarrs? I have a smallish division where it's hard to judge the growth rate.

Last edited:
The umlauftiana's I have are fairly vigorous, but being outside in the UK not as vigorous as Phils plants above.

Cheers
Steve

Back