What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph nectar

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic

Wow great pictures! Love the different colors i have one that was all green like your last picture but it didn't like being shipped and succumbed then started to regrow this year and umm awaiting pitchers its perisome was green and yellow though :) i kno those are prob babies but they look great! I don't think I've ever noticed or seen so much glossy nectar on our cephs when they had pitchers!!

Oh yes, even babies drool.

9606090495_6fe73467d8_o.jpg

If it's green give it more light!

Loving all the pictures. Thanks for posting!

Keep them coming!!!

Wow love the pictures, wish i had taken a photo (and haddnt lost my old pix when lost my old phone) of the all green one i had no matter how much light it had it stayed green it was beautiful like a lime green of ur 3rd photo. I really cant wait for the pitchers to pop up on ours ill have to get them outta the baggies and start noting the nectar drool like on all of the plants in here!
Thats a great dark looking baby ceph btw! Is that one of the darker clones or just got great light ?

Rss ur little one has great color too! Love the perisome color aswell!

I believe fredg's is an actual dark clone, mine just has a mini sun :)

I am totally jealous!! But it's a good jealous cause o enjoy the pictures :) i really hope my cephs put out some good pitchers soon the kids and i aren't too impressed with the mass of leaves they all keep making... You can look on my thread called "cephs with non carnivorous leaves but no leaves" or something to that extent

Last edited:
20150622_182539-1.jpg

Only one with its bubbly looking baby pitchers the rest are masses of non carnivorous leaves

The leaves look rather long and lanky, definitely not getting enough light.

I still need to try your lighting method Randell. Loving how your gotten them to darken up!

They are in the process of getting out of baggies and onto the sunporch but its a matter if making the much needed renovations to allow the space and set up i need to get the plants we have near the windows to aquire the natural light we get thru the windows and allow the grow system to be set up in their aswell.. So much to do but funds are low and we are still trying to get settled from moving...such a pain!

But im hoping once we are able to get settled everything will be fine ...i hope!

Wow!

The photography is as beautiful as your plants!

:-O

And yes, definitely not enough light, KAT.

Last edited:
:drool:

Excellent shots! One day I shall learn how to properly use a camera.

Yea i moved them to a light thats closer to the plants hoping that helps till i get the light system here and running or renovate enough to get them near a sunny window.
To bad i cant get that can o sun knuckles made and is gicing away lol ;) lucky winner that person will be !

Knuckles- i was thinking the same thing i cabt take a picture close like that without it being blury or shakey! Lol

Yea i moved them to a light thats closer to the plants hoping that helps till i get the light system here and running or renovate enough to get them near a sunny window.
To bad i cant get that can o sun knuckles made and is gicing away lol ;) lucky winner that person will be !

Knuckles- i was thinking the same thing i cabt take a picture close like that without it being blury or shakey! Lol

KAT, These guys make it look so easy to take wonderful shots. lol & I cant seem to get a nice clear one with a nice camera. Doh!
Feel free to enter the drawing if you change your mind. If not I may do another 1 later in the year if there is interest in this 1.

Back