What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What species is this?

I got These Sarracenia a few years ago from a nursery. Since then they have been propagated into many separate plants but I was never sure what exactly they are. Could you guys help me out? I'm pretty sure I know but just want to make sure. Thanks, here are some pictures.

It looks like a neat hybrid involving S. alata and S. flava to me.

I can give more info if it is needed. I'm going to need to trim all of the dead pitchers soon. They are starting to topple all over.

Last edited:
A fair amount of info may be needed. This could be a lot of things within the complex of oreophila/flava/alata, or hybrids in between. Does it produce phyllodia? If so, straight, curved, etc.? Did the flowers have any particular scent?

As to my knowledge, no. They do not produce phyllodia. Occasionally they will have a deformed leaf that doesn't open but that is not common and is not attributed to any time of the year. As for the flower? I can't recall other then it wasn't an unpleasant smell, though not particularly strong. The tallest pitchers I've got are a few inches shy of 2 feet. The flower grew in early spring slightly ahead of the first pitchers. I'm also sorry for putting this in the wrong section. I forgot that there was "Identify that plant" until I had already posted.

Last edited:
Back