What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Cephalotus collection

I have a small collection of cephalotus. The problem is though I tend to pay more attention to my nepenthes and so my ceph
s get neglected. They seem to be doing ok but I have decided to take better care of them starting now. Usually I don't check them or water them for weeks at a time, but they still seem to be growing so maybe if I take better care of them they will start thriving.

thats it for now, I may take some cuttings as some of them have a lot of non-carn leaves.

Nice looking plants Flip. Be careful you don't shock the plants by giving them too much unaccustomed attention too quickly.:-D

I think the only thing I'd do is to re-pot them a couple of pot sizes up ( or more if you have the room). Oh and pull off that dried pitcher.

Thats a good point, don't want to kill them with kindness.

Repotting them is something I've been wanting to do for the last year, lol! but they keep getting put on the back burner. I had planned trying to vertically pot a couple of them. Maybe I'll finally get around to doing that. And yes some pruning is in order.

Last edited:
Most of those already look like they're thriving to me. The one that looks like a skyscraper of cephalotus is awesome.

Last edited:
They look like they are thriving to me! :hail:

You can see in the 7th pic down one of the ceps has a small flour stalk forming, its really spindly compared to ceph flowers Ive had in the past.

Back