What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora outdoors?

Out of curiosity, which wavelengths inhibit botrytis growth and promote trichoderma growth?

To be honest, I don't know off top of my head.... just remember reading it in peer reviewed papers somewhere along the line.
Don't quote me, but think its a blue for botrytis.... but I'm saying that cause it just sounds correct to me.

You might use google scholar or JSTOR to find the peer reviewed papers.... its been a few years since I really studied the biological needs of light.
Maybe someone else can chime in on that for us.

Lighting is one of those things the more you read, the more you learn, the more you realize how little you do know.

- - - Updated - - -

LOl, well maybe not blue....

quickie search on google scholar: Light-induced Resistance of Broad Bean against Botrytis cinerea - Islam - 2008 - Journal of Phytopathology - Wiley Online Library
But that paper states its the effect of those wavelengths on the plant itself...

Last edited:
I think it works in my case because of evaporative cooling. Yes, I kept them in water logged live sphag in 90 degree heat, but because it's so dry there's lots of evaporation going on. Mine from back then ended up being re-homed at David's house because after the back surgery I just couldn't take care of that many green kids.

It really humid where I am, so that probably wouldn't work, unfortunately.

Back